Seven of Scotland’s brightest start-up companies will present their innovations at the EntrepreneurCountry Global Forum in London this week – the first time Scotland has had a presence.
The seven companies, all working with Scottish Enterprise and SDI, have been chosen to exhibit their innovative products and services to demonstrate Scotland’s commercial impact in today’s global markets.
The delegation from Scotland includes;
• VistaBee - a high quality video and digital creation company with bases in Edinburgh, London and San Francisco
• Celtic Renewables – an Edinburgh biotech company which has developed a process to produce the biofuel biobutanol from the by-products of whisky.
• Design LED – Producers of unique LED Light Tiles which open the doors for a whole new generation of lighting products that benefit from being extremely thin, flexible and highly efficient. Based in Livingston, West Lothian.
• Stream Technologies - Stream provides and enables global wireless connectivity designed for IoT & M2M across cellular, satellite and low power radio networks. Stream’s IoTx connectivity enablement platform facilitates Communication Service Providers and also Enterprise clients to effectively compete and manage connectivity within the IoT sector on a global basis. Based in Glasgow.
• Clear Returns - Helps retailers optimize their profits by reducing the amount of returns they receive. Their predictive analytics software services help retailers cut operational costs, retain more revenue post sale and improve the customer experience, by helping shoppers keep more of what they buy online. Based in Glasgow
• mLED - mLED are a world leader in the design and manufacture of micro-LED solutions for Wearables but also for 3D Printing and Lithography markets. Based in Glasgow.
• activpayroll - a leading global professional service organisation, providing integrated global and domestic payroll solutions; expatriate taxation services and online HR people management tools to over 800 companies in more than 70 countries worldwide. Based in Aberdeen.
One exhibiting organisation is Clear Returns, a multi-award winning Glasgow based software company which has developed predictive technology which aims to help retailers tackle the costly problem of returns.
Vicky Brock, CEO of Clear Returns, said: “Scotland is a terrifically supportive environment for start-up companies, with the Scottish Government and Scottish Enterprise funding mechanisms like SMART and Scottish EDGE giving organisations the best possible foundations for a new enterprise. We also have a wealth of new talent, with the quality of graduates coming from the country’s universities of a truly world-class standard.
Events like the EntrepreneurCountry Global Forum are really important for companies like us, as it gives another major platform for us to educate and inform people about our cutting-edge services, who might not otherwise see them.”
Scottish Enterprise and Scottish Development International play an active and vital role in supporting innovative high growth opportunities across all industries.